When we at FilterPop saw that Hurricane Irma, the Atlantic’s most powerful hurricane ever, was causing extreme damage in the Caribbean and is now on track to hit Puerto Rico and Florida, we wanted to figure out a way to turn our business into an engine for good and offer relief to those who will need it in the aftermath of this storm.
The most impactful thing that we could think of doing is donating all of the profit from our app, FilterPop, to the Red Cross for at least the next 48 hours. We are doing this because we believe that it’s important to forgo business profit when we have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of many.
How Our Giving Works:
- Geofilters: When you buy a Geofilter, 100% of the profit from this will be donating. It is a single purchase, so it’s a one time donation from us to the Red Cross.
- Stickers: When you subscribe to our premium sticker feature in our app, we will donating 100% of the profit for 3 months (as long as you stay subscribed during those months).
How to Make Your Snapchat Geofilter:
Making your Geofilter and having us donate all of the profit is really simple — but we’ll walk you through it to make it extra easy. Here is exactly how to do it:
1. Get the FilterPop app on iTunes.
2. Design your Geofilter in FilterPop.
3. Launch your Geofilter to Snapchat via FilterPop.
4. We donate!
We will be posting how much we raise as frequently as possible on our Twitter account, @Geofilters.